2016 PIR National Awards
May 2016 ~ further details TBA
Partners In Research’s (PIR) mandate is to educate the public about the importance and significance of research within the biomedical and natural sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics domains. With these awards we celebrate the promotion to the public of leading Canadian research through outreach activities and recognize the impact of this research on the lives of Canadians. We invite you to submit a nomination for an outstanding candidate in your institution who mobilizes groundbreaking findings through educational outreach and conducts exemplary and innovative research.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATION SUBMISSION – JANUARY 15TH, 2016
2015 PIR Awardees:
Biomedical Science Ambassador Award: Dr. Cheryl Rockman-Greenberg
Science Ambassador Award: Dr. Brock Fenton
Technology Ambassador Award: Dr. Clément Gosselin
Engineering Ambassador Award: Dr. Digvir Jayas
Mathematics Ambassador Award: Dr. Robert Smith?
Ronald G. Calhoun Science Ambassador Award: Dr. Robert Thirsk
VROC Participation Award: Dr. David Lesbarreres
CONGRATULATION TO ALL OF OUR DESERVING AWARD RECIPIENTS!
for more information email email@example.com
AWARDS and NOMINATION INFORMATION
PIR NATIONAL AWARD RECIPIENTSBiomedical Science Ambassador Award
- 2014: Dr. Frank Plummer, Public Health Agency of Canada, University of Manitoba
- 2013: Dr. Chris Brandl, Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University
- 2014: Janice C. Filmon, Chair, CancerCare Manitoba Foundation
- 2013: Dr. James Low, Professor Emeritus, Queen’s University
- 2014: Professor Jeremy N. McNeil, Helen I Battle Professor, Western University
- 2013: Dr. John Smol, Professor, Department of Biology, Queen’s University
- 2014: Alex Ferworn, Professor, Ryerson University
- 2013: Dr. Ronald Deibert, Professor of Political Science and Director of the Canada Centre for Global Security Studies and the Citizen Lab at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- 2014: Hoda ElMaraghy, Professor of Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering, University of Windsor
- 2014: Dr. Lynda E. C. Colgan, Associate Professor, Director, Queen’s Community Outreach Centre, Queen’s University
- 2013: Dr. Peter Taylor, Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Queen’s University
SPONSORSHIPSponsorship packages for the PIR National Awards 2014… Silver: $1,000 Includes: Table sign, company logo in program and on event website Gold: $2,500 Includes: Table sign, company logo in program, on event website, and on slideshow that will play throughout the reception and awards ceremony Platinum: $5,000 Includes: Table sign, company logo in program, on event website, on slideshow that will play throughout the reception and awards ceremony, and social media coverage Please note that sponsors must purchase tickets separately if they plan on attending the event. For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Partners In Research 1-877-870-8762 ext 21
PHOTOS FROM THE AWARDS
See the full album from PIRNA 2014 on the VROC Canada Facebook page!